November 2016 PEC Minutes

Minutes of the Parish Education Committee Meeting – November 8, 2016

Call to order

  • Meeting Called to Order at 7:05 PM
  • Present: Jason Borkowski, Luisa Cenedese, Derek Christo, Deborah Harms, Megan Bolton, Chris Brant, Layna Neilson, Father Anthony Ho
  • Absent: Viola Baptista

Opening Prayer

  • Opening Prayer led by Deborah Harms.

Review of October 11, 2016 Minutes

  • Minutes of October 11, 2016 meeting were approved by email.

Discussion Items

1. Chairperson’s Update:

  • Some Highlights from the recent CISVA AGM:
    • The importance of evangelization was stressed
    • There has been an increase in the number of SEA’s in the CISVA.
    • Luisa will prepare a package of information from the AGM for each PEC member.
  • Letter to Parents
    • Luisa has been working on a letter to parents to communicate the role of the PEC so that Parents will have a better understanding of what we do
    • It is important to keep parents informed, ideas of how to communicate well with parents included email, website, Facebook, bulletin board, school newsletter, meet the teacher night and school AGM.
    • Luisa will share a draft of the letter via email for input by PEC members.

2. Principal’s Update

  • Uniform Policy
    • A complaint was made regarding the interpretation of the current uniform policy regarding hairstyles. Previously changes to the wording had been discussed; Jason would like to communicate the new wording to parents in order to better enforce the policy. Jason will distribute the new wording to PEC members via email where any edits/changes will be made so that the new wording can be announced soon.

3. Financial Report

  •  The budget was presented showing the figures for the year to date.

4. Family Service Update 

  • No update.

5. Maintenance Update

  • The November Work Bee was well attended.
    • We have a new Work Bee Coordinator: AndreaThomson.
  •  Chris is gathering quotes for the window upgrade project.

6. Parent Fundraising Group (PFG) Update

  • Auction planning has begun, the date of the Auction will be March 4th, venue to be announced.
  • The possibility of setting up a Chimp account is being considered, this would allow online donations, and Megan will communicate with Father and the Parish Council to look into this service.
  • The PFG will be coordinating the concession at the CCS Christmas Concert.

Closing Prayer

  • Led by Deborah Harms.

Meeting Adjourned

  • Meeting adjourned at 8:37 PM following the in-camera session. 

DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE COPY