We need your help for the Annual Auction Fundraiser!
Hello CCS Families!
The CCS Parent Fundraising Group is currently planning our annual auction fundraiser. We will be having it on Saturday, April 14th, 2018 at the Sunrise Banquet and Conference Centre. Tickets will go on sale at the end of February. The PFG is working hard to make this event a success, but we need the help of the school community to make this happen.
Here's how you can help:
1. Buy a ticket!
You can help to support the school simply by coming to the Gala! This year we are planning on selling tickets through the school website this year, so stay tuned for more information!
Events like these take a lot of effort from a lot of people. We need your help to make this event a success. Keep your eyes peeled for volunteer opportunities on OnVolunteers.
3. Donations for silent and live auction!
We are always on the lookout for interesting items and experiences that would be appreciated by the CCS community. Do you know anyone who might be able to donate any of the following: tickets to sporting events, tickets for cultural events, two nights in a hotel (Whistler or Harrison would be great), tours of a winery or brewery, one-of-a kind artwork, etc. Maybe you know someone who can get Justin Timberlake tickets? (Hey, we can dream!)
When you are looking for donations, here's what works:
- Local attractions - it's fun to do unique and interesting things in your community!
- Experiences - gift certificates for things that you can do with your family and friends.
- Services - cleaning, specialty, etc.
- Beautiful things: small decor items, etc. If you would want it in your home, chances are someone else will too.
- Treats - wine, chocolate, coffee, tea, spa services, etc, etc.
What doesn't work so well:
- Clothing (Sizing immediately limits the number of people who want to bid on the item. Clothing is not a great option, unless it is exchangeable. Ex: maybe you know a Sweetlegs supplier who is willing to donate an item or exchange for a different size? That would be great!)
- Large household decor items like rugs, furniture, etc. (People generally like making their design decisions after careful thought and if no one wants the swirly purple rug, we end up selling it on Craigslist. True story.)
- Household fixtures (same as above. People want to be able to return something that they purchase for their house, just in case it doesn't work out.)
All donations must be dropped off at the school office by April 6th at the latest. To request a donation letter, click here. If you have any questions, please email the PFG. To stay current on all Gala information, visit the Gala page of the CCS website.
Thanks in advance for all of your support!
Chair, CCS Parent Fundraising Group